Manual network selection
- In Switzerland your Alcatel OT-983 automatically chooses the Salt network.
- For mobile phone calls and Internet browsing outside Switzerland your Alcatel OT-983 automatically selects the network with the best reception. This is also called roaming.
- To manually select a network, follow these step by step instructions.
- Start screen.
- Go to the Main menu.
- Choose Wireless & networks.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Mobile networks.
- Choose Network operators.
- The Alcatel OT-983 is now searching for available networks.
- Choose the network you would like to connect to.
- Click here for more information about available networks and rates.
- The Alcatel OT-983 is now requesting access to the selected network.
- The Alcatel OT-983 is now connected to the selected network.
- You can now call and browse the Internet using this network.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Note: Once your Alcatel OT-983 is set to use a manual network selection it will not change network automatically. If you travel to another country, you will have to manually select the network of your choice. In Switzerland you must select Salt.
- Click here for more information about available networks and rates abroad.