Manual network selection
- When you insert a Salt SIM card into your Alcatel OT-983, it will automatically connect to the Salt network (where coverage is available).
- If you go abroad, your Alcatel OT-983 will not be able to connect to the Salt network and it will attempt to connect with another partner network. This is called roaming.
- Start screen.
- Go to the Main menu.
- Choose Wireless & networks.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Mobile networks.
- Choose Network operators.
- The Alcatel OT-983 is now searching for available networks.
- Choose the network you would like to connect to.
- Click here for more information about available networks and rates.
- The Alcatel OT-983 is now requesting access to the selected network.
- The Alcatel OT-983 is now connected to the selected network.
- You can now call and browse the Internet using this network.
- Return to the Start screen.
- See here for more information about available networks while roaming.