* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your iPad Air which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your iPad Air to the latest software version over the air.
* Note: A WiFi connection is necessary to proceed with the OTA update.
* If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via iTunes.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Choose *Software Update*.
* The iPad Air is now searching for software updates.
* If this screen appears, the iPad Air already has the latest software version.
* If this screen does not appear, an update is available. To install the software update, choose *Download and Install* and follow the on-screen instructions.
* Return to the Start screen.