Installing software updates
- Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your iPad Retina which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
- Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
- The following steps contain instructions on how to update your iPad Retina to the latest software version over the air.
- Note: A WiFi connection is necessary to proceed with the OTA update.
- If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via iTunes.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- The iPad Retina is now searching for software updates.
- If this screen appears, the iPad Retina already has the latest version.
- If this screen is not displayed, an update is available. To install the software update, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Return to the Start screen.