* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Apple iPhone 3GS which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Apple iPhone 3GS to the latest software version over the air.
* Note: A WiFi connection is necessary to proceed with the OTA update.
* If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via iTunes.
* Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *General*.
* Choose *Software Update*.
* The Apple iPhone 3GS is now searching for software updates.
* Available updates will be displayed.
* In this case, choose *Download and Install*.
* The update is downloaded and installed on the Apple iPhone 3GS.