Resetting to factory settings
- A factory reset will restore your Apple iPhone 4S to its original settings.
- Note: A factory reset will delete your personal data and settings including contacts and photos. Back up your data to prevent losing files or contacts before you do a factory reset.
- Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Reset.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Choose Erase iPhone.
- All personal settings are removed from the Apple iPhone 4S.
- The Apple iPhone 4S will then automatically reboot with the factory settings applied.