* iCloud allows you to save your data on a remote space in case your mobile phone gets lost or damaged.
* You can backup your contact, mail accounts, and even your pictures.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *iCloud*.
* To create a new Apple ID, choose *Get a Free Apple ID*, and follow the on-screen instructions.
* To log in using your existing Apple ID, enter your login information, choose *Sign In*, and go to the next step.
* The information will be verified.
* Choose an option, in this case *Merge*.
* If this screen appears, choose one of the options.
* If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
* Optional: Enable one or more options.
* Scroll down
* Choose *Storage & Backup*.
* Optional: Enable *iCloud Backup*.
* Choose an option, in this case *OK*.
* The Apple iPhone 5 has been configured for iCloud.
* Return to the Start screen.