iPhone 5s - iOS 11
Internet and data roaming
- You can configure your phone manually for mobile Internet. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Mobile Data.
- If Mobile Data is disabled, enable Mobile Data.
- If Mobile Data is enabled, go to the next step.
- Choose Mobile Data Options.
- Choose Mobile Data Network.
- If Mobile Data Network is not available, manual configuration is not possible. In this case, connect the device to the computer and use iTunes to install the ‘Carrier Settings’.
- Edit the details for MOBILE DATA as follows:
- Under APN, enter internet. In case you are using a prepaid phone, enter click
- Under Username, enter nothing
- Under Password, enter nothing
- Return to the Start screen.
- To finish the process and activate the settings, you need to restart the device. Your Apple iPhone 5s will then be configured to use mobile internet.
- For instructions on how to restart your device follow the next steps.
- To turn off the Apple iPhone 5s, press and hold the power button on the top of the Apple iPhone 5s.
- Drag the on/off symbol to the right.
- The Apple iPhone 5s has been turned off.
- To turn on the Apple iPhone 5s, press and hold the power button on the top of the Apple iPhone 5s.
- If this screen appears, press the home key.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- If this screen appears, choose Unlock.
- If this screen does not appear, skip the next steps.
- The Apple iPhone 5s is now ready for use.
- Switch the Apple iPhone 5s off and then on again to ensure the new settings are activated.
- You can now start using the Internet.