AppleiPhone 5s iOS 9Mobile phoneHow to perform a soft reset
* If you are experiencing an issue that causes your Apple iPhone 5s to freeze, you can do a 'soft reset'.
* With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
* Doing a soft reset will not delete any personal data, files or apps on your Apple iPhone 5s .
* Go to the Start screen.
* To reboot the Apple iPhone 5s , press and hold the power button on top and the home key until the screen turns off.
* The Apple iPhone 5s will automatically reboot.
* To unlock the screen, drag the arrow symbol to the right.
* The Apple iPhone 5s has been rebooted.
* To completely restore the original settings and clear all data from your Apple iPhone 5s , you can do a 'factory reset'.
* If a reset does not resolve your issue, you can also check for software updates for your Apple iPhone 5s .