installing software updates
- Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your iPhone 5S which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
- Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
- The following steps contain instructions on how to update your iPhone 5S to the latest software version over the air.
- Note: A WiFi connection is necessary to proceed with the OTA update.
- If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via iTunes.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose General.
- If this screen appears, the iPhone 5S already has the latest software version.
- If this screen does not appear, one or more updates are available. Choose an update, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Return to the Start screen.