iPhone 6 - iOS 11
Internet and data roaming
- Your Apple iPhone 6 will automatically be configured to connect to mobile internet when you enter your SIM card or when it connects to a network.
- In some cases you might also want to manually configure your Apple iPhone 6 to connect to mobile internet. Follow these steps to learn how.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Mobile Data.
- If Mobile Data is disabled, enable Mobile Data.
- If Mobile Data is enabled, go to the next step.
- Choose Mobile Data Options.
- Choose Mobile Data Network.
- If Mobile Data Network is not available, manual configuration is not possible. In this case, connect the device to the computer and use iTunes to install the ‘Carrier Settings’.
- Edit the details for MOBILE DATA as follows:
- Under APN, enter internet. In case you are using a prepaid phone, enter internet
- Under Username, enter nothing
- Under Password, enter nothing
- Return to the Start screen.
- To turn off the Apple iPhone 6, press and hold the power button on the side of the Apple iPhone 6.
- Drag the on/off symbol to the right.
- The Apple iPhone 6 has been turned off.
- To turn on the Apple iPhone 6, press and hold the power button on the side of the Apple iPhone 6.
- If this screen appears, press the home key.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- If this screen appears, choose Unlock.
- If this screen does not appear, skip the next steps.
- The Apple iPhone 6 has now been configured for use of mobile internet.
- With the internet settings configured properly on your Apple iPhone 6, you will be able to connect to the internet using mobile data.
- Note: To avoid going over your mobile data allowance, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network.