How to perform a soft reset
- If you are experiencing an issue that causes your Apple iPhone 8 to freeze, you can do a ‘soft reset’.
- With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
- Doing a soft reset will not delete any personal data, files or apps on your Apple iPhone 8.
- To reboot the Apple iPhone 8, press and release the volume up button. Press and release the volume down button. Then, press and hold the power button until the screen turns off.
- The Apple iPhone 8 will automatically reboot.
- If this screen appears, press the home key.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- The Apple iPhone 8 has been rebooted.
- To completely restore the original settings and clear all data from your Apple iPhone 8, you can do a ‘factory reset’.
- If a reset does not resolve your issue, you can also check for software updates for your Apple iPhone 8.