Installing software updates
- Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your HTC Desire X which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
- Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
- The following steps contain instructions on how to update your HTC Desire X to the latest software version over the air.
- If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via HTC Sync.
- Start screen.
- Go to the Main menu.
- Scroll down.
- Choose About.
- Choose Software information.
- The software version is displayed.
- Press the menu key.
- Optional: Choose Scheduled check, and tick this option.
- Choose Check now.
- The HTC Desire X will check for updates.
- If this screen appears, the HTC Desire X already has the most recent software version. Choose OK.
- If this screen is not displayed, an update is available. Follow the on screen instructions to install the update.