* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your HTC Desire X which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your HTC Desire X to the latest software version over the air.
* If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via HTC Sync.
* Start screen.
* Go to the Main menu.
* Scroll to the right.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *About*.
* Choose *Software information*.
* The software version is displayed.
* Press the menu key.
* Choose *Software updates*.
* Optional: Choose *Scheduled check*, and tick this option.
* Choose *Check now*.
* The HTC Desire X will check for updates.
* If this screen appears, the HTC Desire X already has the most recent software version. Choose *OK*.
* If this screen is not displayed, an update is available. Follow the on screen instructions to install the update.