How to perform a soft reset
- If you are experiencing an issue that causes your HTC One M8 to freeze, you can do a ‘soft reset’.
- With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
- Doing a soft reset will not delete any personal data, files or apps on your HTC One M8.
- To reboot the HTC One M8, press and hold the power button on the top of the HTC One M8.
- The HTC One M8 will automatically reboot.
- The HTC One M8 has been rebooted.
- To completely restore the original settings and clear all data from your HTC One M8, you can do a ‘factory reset’.
- If a reset does not resolve your issue, you can also check for software updates for your HTC One M8.