How to perform a soft reset
- Many problems may be resolved by performing a socalled ‘soft reset’. No data will be lost by doing this.
- During a soft reset, all active applications will be closed, and the cache memory will be emptied. To finish, the HTC One M9 will automatically reboot.
- To reboot the HTC One M9, press and hold the power button and the volume up button on the side of the HTC One M9 until the screen turns off.
- The HTC One M9 will automatically reboot.
- If this screen appears, enter the PIN code and choose OK.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- The HTC One M9 has been rebooted.