Resetting to factory settings
- A factory reset will restore your HTC One M9 to its original settings.
- Note: A factory reset will delete your personal data and settings including contacts and photos. Back up your data to prevent losing files or contacts before you do a factory reset. Doing a factory reset may also delete the data stored on your SD card. Remove your SD card before resetting your HTC One M9 to not lose the data stored on it.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose the menu symbol.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Optional: tick Erase SD card.
- Choose OK.
- All data and settings saved on the HTC One M9 will be deleted.
- The HTC One M9 will automatically reset and reboot.