Resetting to factory settings
- A factory reset will restore your Huawei Ascend G526 to its original settings.
- Note: A factory reset will delete your personal data and settings including contacts and photos. Back up your data to prevent losing files or contacts before you do a factory reset. Doing a factory reset may also delete the data stored on your SD card. Remove your SD card before resetting your Huawei Ascend G526 to not lose the data stored on it.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Scroll to the right.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Factory data reset.
- Optional: Tick Erase internal storage.
- Choose Reset phone.
- All data and personal settings have been deleted from the Huawei Ascend G526.
- The Huawei Ascend G526 will automatically reset and reboot.