P20 - Android Pie
How to enable WiFi hotspot
- If your Huawei P20 is connected to a mobile network, you can share internet with other devices using the mobile hotspot feature.
- Follow these steps to learn how set up and configure a mobile hotspot.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Wireless & networks.
- Choose Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Choose Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Choose Configure hotspot.
- Under Device name, enter a name.
- Choose SAVE.
- Under Encryption type, choose a security option, in this case, WPA2 PSK.
- Under PASSWORD, enter a password (at least 8 characters).
- The Huawei P20 has now been configured for use as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Other devices will now be able to connect to your mobile hotspot.
- Note: There may be a limit to the number of devices that can connect to the mobile hotspot.