* Use the synchronisation software on your computer to install the latest updates for your Huawei Y5.
* Connect your Huawei Y5 to a computer with a USB cable and continue with the following steps.
* *Note:* It is not possible to revert to an older version of your device's software once you have completed an update.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *System updates*.
* If this screen appears, choose an option, in this case *Cancel*.
* If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
* Choose *Check for updates*.
* The Huawei Y5 is now searching for available updates.
* If this screen appears, an update is available. To install the software update, follow the on-screen instructions.
* If this screen does not appear, the Huawei Y5 already has the latest software version.
* Return to the Start screen.
* The Huawei Y5 now has the latest software update.