* Use the synchronisation software on your computer to install the latest updates for your Nokia 8.
* Connect your Nokia 8 to a computer with a USB cable and continue with the following steps.
* *Note:* It is not possible to revert to an older version of your device's software once you have completed an update.
* Go to the Start screen.
* To open the menu, swipe up on the screen.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *System*.
* Choose *System update*.
* Choose *Check for update*.
* The Nokia 8 is now searching for available updates.
* If this screen appears, the Nokia 8 already has the latest software version.
* If this screen does not appear, an update is available. To install the software update, follow the on-screen instructions.
* Return to the Start screen.
* The Nokia 8 now has the latest software update.