- When you first insert a Salt SIM card into your Samsung Galaxy A8, it will normally set up MMS automatically or it might receive the configuration from the mobile network.
- In some cases, you might want to manually enter the MMS configuration on your Samsung Galaxy A8. Follow these steps to learn how.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose Apps.
- Scroll down.
- Choose Mobile networks.
- Choose Access Point Names.
- Under Name, enter Salt MMS
- Under APN, enter mms
- Under Username, enter nothing
- Under Password, enter nothing
- Under MMSC, enter http://192.168.151.3:8002
- Scroll down.
- Under MMS proxy, enter 192.168.151.2
- Under MMS port, enter 8080
- Under MCC, enter 228
- Under MNC, enter 03
- Under Authentication type, tick PAP.
- Choose APN type.
- If this screen appears, enter mms (note: in lower case) and choose OK.
- If this screen does not appear, tick MMS and choose OK.
- Return to the Start screen.
- To finish the process and activate the settings, you need to restart the device. Your Samsung Galaxy A8 will then be configured to use MMS.
- For instructions on how to restart your device follow the next steps.
- To reboot the Samsung Galaxy A8, press and hold the power button on the side of the Samsung Galaxy A8.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8 will automatically reboot.
- If this screen appears, enter the PIN code and choose OK.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8 is now ready for use.
- Restart your Samsung Galaxy A8 to make sure the new configuration has been activated.