How to perform a soft reset
- If you are experiencing an issue that causes your Samsung Galaxy A8 to freeze, you can do a ‘soft reset’.
- With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
- Doing a soft reset will not delete any personal data, files or apps on your Samsung Galaxy A8.
- To reboot the Samsung Galaxy A8, press and hold the power button and the volume down button on the side of the Samsung Galaxy A8 until the screen turns off.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8 will automatically reboot.
- If this screen appears, enter the PIN code and choose OK.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- The Samsung Galaxy A8 has been rebooted.
- To completely restore the original settings and clear all data from your Samsung Galaxy A8, you can do a ‘factory reset’.
- If a reset does not resolve your issue, you can also check for software updates for your Samsung Galaxy A8.