SamsungGalaxy S 5Mobile phoneHow to perform a soft reset
* If you are experiencing an issue that causes your Samsung Galaxy S5 to freeze, you can do a 'soft reset'.
* With a soft reset, the operating system is rebooted and all services reloaded.
* Doing a soft reset will not delete any personal data, files or apps on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
* To reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5, press and hold the power button and the volume down button on the side of the Samsung Galaxy S5 until the screen turns off.
* The Samsung Galaxy S5 will automatically reboot.
* If this screen appears, enter the PIN code and choose *OK*.
* If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
* The Samsung Galaxy S5 has been rebooted.
* To completely restore the original settings and clear all data from your Samsung Galaxy S5, you can do a 'factory reset'.
* If a reset does not resolve your issue, you can also check for software updates for your Samsung Galaxy S5.