Galaxy S Advance
Setting up the application store
- Optimise your mobile experience with the latest apps. You can easily search for and install apps from the Google Play Store.
- To install apps from the Google Play Store on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance, you will need a Gmail account. Follow these steps to learn how to create a new Gmail account.
- Start screen.
- Choose Applications.
- To log into your existing Google account, choose Sign in, enter your login information, and follow the on screen instructions.
- To create a new Google account, choose Create, and go to the next step.
- Under First name, enter your first name.
- Under Last name, enter your last name.
- Under Username, enter an e-mail address.
- Choose Next. The information is verified.
- If the username is already taken, choose a different username or one of the suggestions provided, and choose Next.
- Under Type a password, enter a password.
- Under Confirm password, re-enter the password.
- Choose Next.
- The following information can be used to retrieve a lost password.
- Under Security question, choose a security question, for example Frequent flyer number.
- Under Answer, provide the answer.
- Under Secondary Email, enter another e-mail address.
- Choose Create.
- Choose English. Read the terms and conditions.
- Choose I agree, Next.
- Choose the text box, and enter the characters.
- Choose the arrow symbol.
- Optional: Tick Keep this phone backed up with my Google Account.
- Choose Next.
- Read the terms and conditions, and choose Accept.
- Google Play Store is now ready for use.
- Return to the Start screen.
- Once you are logged into a Google account, you can install apps from the Play store.
- Apps will work best when you have the latest available version.