Installing software updates
- Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Samsung Galaxy Y which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
- Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
- The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Y to the latest software version over the air.
- If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via Samsung Kies.
- Start screen.
- Go to the Main menu.
- Scroll down.
- Choose About phone.
- Read the terms and conditions, choose I accept all the terms above, and tick this option.
- Choose Accept.
- The most recent software will be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Y. Follow the on screen instructions to install the update.