* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Samsung Galaxy Y which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Samsung Galaxy Y to the latest software version over the air.
* If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via Samsung Kies.
* Start screen.
* Go to the Main menu.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *About phone*.
* Choose *Software update*.
* Read the terms and conditions, choose *I accept all the terms above*, and tick this option.
* Choose *Accept*.
* The most recent software will be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Y. Follow the on screen instructions to install the update.