* Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Sony Xperia J which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
* Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
* The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Sony Xperia J to the latest software version.
* If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via the Sony PC Companion.
* Go to the Start screen.
* Choose the menu symbol.
* Scroll to the right.
* Choose *Settings*.
* Scroll down.
* Choose *About phone*.
* Choose *Software update*.
* Choose the *SYSTEM* tab.
* Choose the refresh symbol.
* The Sony Xperia J is now searching for software updates.
* If this screen appears, the Sony Xperia J already has the latest version.
* If this screen is not displayed, an update is available. To install the software update, follow the on-screen instructions.
* Return to the Start screen.