Installing software updates
- Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Sony Xperia J which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
- Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
- The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Sony Xperia J to the latest software version.
- If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via the Sony PC Companion.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose the menu symbol.
- Scroll to the right.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose About phone.
- Choose the refresh symbol.
- The Sony Xperia J is now searching for software updates.
- If this screen appears, the Sony Xperia J already has the latest version.
- If this screen is not displayed, an update is available. To install the software update, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Return to the Start screen.