Xperia XZ1 Compact
How to make a backup of your device
- To avoid losing your data (Apps, Contacts, Media, etc.), for example, as a result of resetting your device or a software update, it’s recommended to make a backup of all data on your device.
- With Sony PC Companion, it’s easy to create a backup of all data on your device. Click here to download and install
- To create a backup of all data on the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, follow the steps described here:
- Tip: These instructions are easier to follow on a computer.
- Start Sony PC Companion.
- Connect your Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact to the computer using the USB cable.
- Scroll to the right.
- Choose Start under Backup & restore.
- Tick one or more options.
- Under Backup name, enter a backup name.
- The backup will be started.
- Depending on the amount of data, this procedure may take a few minutes.
- A backup will be created of all data saved on the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.
- To restore a backup, repeat the previous steps, but instead choose Restore under Backup and restore.