Installing software updates
- Perform a software update to install the most recent software version for your Sony Xperia Z which contains the latest functionalities and applications.
- Updating to the latest version should also solve existing problems and improve performance.
- The following steps contain instructions on how to update your Sony Xperia Z to the latest software version.
- If over the air option is not (yet) available, the software update can also be done via the Sony PC Companion.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose the menu symbol.
- Scroll to the right.
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down.
- Choose About phone.
- The software version is displayed.
- Choose Software update.
- If this screen appears, the Sony Xperia Z already has the latest software version.
- If this screen is not displayed, an update is available. Follow the on screen instructions to install the update.