Xperia Z1 Compact
Internet and data roaming
- Your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact will automatically be configured to connect to mobile internet when you enter your SIM card or when it connects to a network.
- In some cases you might also want to manually configure your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to connect to mobile internet. Follow these steps to learn how.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Choose the menu symbol.
- If Mobile data traffic is unticked, tick Mobile data traffic.
- If Mobile data traffic is ticked, skip the next step.
- Choose Access Point Names.
- Under Name, enter Salt Internet. In case you are using a prepaid phone, enter Salt World.
- Under APN, enter internet. In case you are using a prepaid phone, enter internet.
- Under Proxy, enter nothing.
- Under Port, enter nothing.
- Under Username, enter nothing.
- Under Password, enter nothing.
- Scroll down.
- Under MCC, enter 228.
- Under MNC, enter 03.
- Under Authentication type, tick PAP.
- Choose APN type.
- If this screen appears, enter default (note: in lower case) and choose OK.
- If this screen does not appear, tick Internet.
- Choose the options symbol.
- Tick Salt Internet. In case you are using a prepaid phone, enter Salt World.
- The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact has been configured for mobile internet.
- Return to the Start screen.
- With the internet settings configured properly on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, you will be able to connect to the internet using mobile data.
- Note: To avoid going over your mobile data allowance, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network.