How to perform a soft reset
- Many problems may be resolved by performing a socalled ‘soft reset’. No data will be lost by doing this.
- During a soft reset, all active applications will be closed, and the cache memory will be emptied. To finish, the Sony Xperia Z2 will automatically reboot.
- To reboot the Sony Xperia Z2, press and hold the power button and the volume up button on the side of the Sony Xperia Z2 until the screen turns off.
- The Sony Xperia Z2 has been turned off.
- To turn on the Sony Xperia Z2, press and hold the power button on the side of the Sony Xperia Z2.
- If this screen appears, enter the PIN code and choose the enter key.
- If this screen does not appear, go to the next step.
- The Sony Xperia Z2 has been rebooted.